Friday, July 27, 2007

 

My Birthday Run

It was my birthday the other day. I tried desperately not to work but it seemed like the harder I tried to escape the more urgent phone calls I received, then the next day I tried to escape again…no luck. Finally the next day after that I had to travel to Chimoio in the afternoon. Fine, I thought, I will sleep in and lazily make my way to the office to leave for Chimoio. Unfortunately the sleeping in part lasted only ½ hour because at 7:30 in the morning Antonio, my Chimoio bound driver, woke me up and expected me to get in the car. Given that I was half naked and had no clothes packed I respectfully declined his offer. Ahhh. I had to run around and pack my bag, run into work and finish some urgent business and then 4 hours in the car and then more work when I hit the Chimoio office. All in all my attempts to have a relaxing birthday completely failed me but I still think 32 will be a really good year!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?