Sunday, November 05, 2006

 

Man Shoes and Diaper Bags

So before I left for Moz I was running around trying to figure out what I needed to bring. Of course I’ve brought all the wrong things and I long for the clothes that I left behind. I’ve also somehow lost my lovely Brazilian flip flops on the way and it’s a tragedy I think I’ll have a hard time getting over. Sigh.

Anyway, there are two last minute purchases that I made in upstate New York that I use on a daily basis…my man shoes and my diaper bag!!!

I had been meaning to get new sandals but I was always unsatisfied with those that I was coming across. I knew it might take me a while to find good shoes here so I was hoping to have at least one good pair. That is where the hunting store in NY came in handy. Among the racks of camouflage (I broke down and bought my little niece a camouflage onesie with little white ruffles), guns, plastic ducks and other such paraphernalia, I saw a pair of lovely sandals. They were men’s sandals but I swear I don’t think any of the men frequenting that place would wear sandals like these. I had a strange moment of indecision about whether I should buy the sandals because they were clearly labeled for men (even though they fit perfectly). I got over my weird desire to conform to categories on shoe boxes and bought them. As I was leaving the store a couple walked in…she was wearing an American flag shirt over her many spare tires and he was wearing a shirt that on the front said “I’ll bring the whoop” and on the back said “you bring the ass”. Now everyday, when I put on my man shoes, I think of this lovely American couple and my little nieces camouflage onsie.

The diaper bag is a lovely invention. Mine is faux velvet on the outside with lovely little flowery designs and has a nice taupe color. Inside is a deep maroon and there are a million pockets and my files and computer fit perfectly inside. This bag goes everywhere with me. And no one would know that it was a diaper bag except for the fact that some of the inside pockets say things like “diapers” “bottles” “mother’s things”. Nobody has noticed so far! Plus I can put my lunch in it without worrying about spills etc. I think diaper bags rule!!!

The best part about these purchases is that they match!!! They are the same color and have similar embroidered patterns! Cheers to Diaper Bags and Manshoes (oh and skorts!!!)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?